I get a number of people asking me how to install flash in Ubuntu … there are a few ways but here is what I do …
1. Go to the following link: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
2. Select version to download (you should pick “.deb for Ubuntu 8.04+”)
3. Click the “Agree and install now” button. Your download will begin automatically and you will be asked to “Save” or “Open” the file. Select to Save it to your Desktop (or wherever else you can find it easily)
4. Once the file is completely downloaded it double-click it and follow the prompts to install it.
5. Restart Firefox (or whichever browser/s you are using)